26 Nov Sharing Video On Instagram
Sharing Video On Instagram
According to pop icon Andy Warhol, everyone gets 15 seconds of fame. So it’s fitting that Instagram limits video uploads to just that – 15 seconds, max!
Watch this video to show you how to start sharing your brilliance via video on Instagram:
How to record or upload a video
To record a video or upload one from your phone’s library, first tap the little icon that looks like a circle inside a square at the bottom of the Instagram app.
• To record a video: tap the ‘video camera icon’ to switch from camera to video, then tap and hold the red circle. Lift your finger off the screen to stop recording. If you’d like to turn the camera to face you, tap the icon with the rotating arrows around a camera.
• To upload a video from your phone or tablet’s library: tap the icon that looks like overlapping squares (iOS) or the icon that looks like a square made up of nine dots (Android) and select the video you’d like to share.
Once you’ve recorded or uploaded a video, you can add a filter, a caption and your location before sharing.
You can share videos to Instagram you’ve previously recorded on your iPhone or Android phone:
1. Tap the icon that features a small circle inside a square at the bottom of the app.
2. Tap the ‘video camera’ icon to switch from photo to video.
3. On iPhone, tap the box in the bottom right to go to your phone’s video library. On Android, tap the icon that looks like a square made up of dots to go to your phone’s video library.
4. Pick the video you want to upload. On iPhone, tap Next at the top.
5. Tap the scissor icon to edit the length of the video. Keep in mind that videos can’t be more than 15 seconds long.
6. Tap ‘Next’ on iPhone or the arrow icon on Android.
Adding a filter to your video
7. After you’ve recorded your video, tap Next. Tap a filter at the bottom of the screen to preview how it will look with your video. Make sure to swipe to the left to scroll through all your options.
8. Once you’ve selected a filter you like, tap Next to continue to the share screen.
TIP: When you upload a standard definition video (the rectangular shape which is what most other apps shoot in), your video will be cropped into fit the square-look of Instagram.
TIP: If your video is trapped on your computer, and you need to get it to your phone so you can share its amazingness with all of your Instagram followers.
*Email the file to yourself, then open your mail app and download onto your phone
* Wireless SD card or flash drive that can connect your phone to your computer
* Use an app like Dropbox or Cloud to store videos online and download onto whatever device you’re using. If you’re an Apple user, you can also use iCloud to sync your files across computers and devices.
This instructional video series was filmed and edited by Soul Arch Media’s Gold Coast Video Production team. Call Soul Arch Media today on 07 55595551 or visit https://www.soularchmedia.com
SUBSCRIBE ON YOUTUBE
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL LIST FOR NEWS & BUSINESS VIDEO TIPS
Facebook ► https://www.facebook.com/soul.arch.media
Twitter ► https://twitter.com/soularchmedia
Linkedin ► https://www.linkedin.com/company/soul-arch-media-&-marketing
SoulArchMedia ► https://www.soularchmedia.com
Found this post helpful? Pin it + share the love!