25 May Simple Tips For Uploading Video To Facebook (And Why You Should Consider It!)
With more than 1 billion video views on Facebook each day, Facebook is now accounting for 60% of all global video shares, with direct video uploads on the social network recently overtaking Youtube for the first time. Recent research also shows that video uploads on your Facebook page are more than twice as effective as a photo post.
Yep, if you’re looking to promote your business through video, uploading video to Facebook should be well and truly on your radar – and better still, there are lots of different ways you can share video with your customers and target audience via your Facebook Page.
So where do you start? If you just want to share a video you already have uploaded on Youtube or another video sharing service, all you need to do is paste the video’s URL in the status box, and a video player will appear.
But if you’d like to take advantage of Facebook’s autoplay capabilities, you may be best to upload video straight to Facebook. Sure, it’s a little extra effort and many decrease the total views your video attains on other services like Youtube. However many of our clients have been noting up to 30% increase in organic video views on Facebook by uploading directly to the service as opposed to just sharing a link from elsewhere – potentially giving your message a wider reach.
Uploading Video To Facebook:
1. Click Photo/Video at the top of your Page’s News Feed or Timeline
2. Click Upload Photo/Video and choose a video file from your computer
3. Click Post
Your video will need to process before others can see it on Facebook. When it’s ready to view, you’ll get a notification. Go to the video and click Edit to add a video title, description tag friends, add a location, choose a thumbnail and more. To watch step-by-step instructions, watch the video below.
Format For Success
The easiest way to optimize the quality of your videos is to upload HD video.
If you’re exporting your video from editing software (ex: Final Cut Pro, Avid, iMovie) it’s recommend to use these custom settings:
• H.264 video with AAC audio in MOV or MP4 format
• An aspect ratio no larger than 1280px wide and divisible by 16px
• A frame rate at, or below, 30fps
• Stereo audio with a sample rate of 44,100hz
TIP: Make your video a feature video by clicking the ‘Videos’ tab, selecting the video you would like, and clicking ‘Feature This Video’. The featured video you chose will become a prominent feature on your page. It will be placed above your ‘About’ section, and is a great way to engage with the people viewing your page.
Add A Call To Action
If you’re posting a video as a Page, you can include a link at the end of the video along with a text button that suggests the viewer click to view the link. This is known as a call to action. To add a call to action to your Page’s video:
1. Click Photo/Video at the top of your Page’s Timeline and upload a video
2. Click Add a Call to Action below the video
3. Click No Button and choose the text you’d like to appear at the end of your video
4. Add the web destination where you’d like to send people who have viewed your video
5. You can also create a headline and describe the link if you’d like to add more details
Consider Advertising To Reach An Even Wider Audience
If you’d like to take advantage of Facebook’s targeted advertising capabilities to get your video to an audience beyond your existing Page following, perhaps experimenting with paid video views is for you.
From your Page, click the arrow in the top-right corner and choose Create Adverts. Then select Get Video Views to start.
• Set your targeting, budget and schedule. Select the interests, behaviours, location, age and gender of the audience you want to reach. Then set your budget and schedule.
• Choose your video. Upload a new video or use one from your library and select a thumbnail image.
• Add text. Write a clear and simple message that encourages your audience to view your video.
It’s worth noting that like all forms of advertising, it pays to think carefully about parameters like daily budget and ways of measuring ROI before you unleash your video ad campaign to ensure you’re getting results that justify any outlay.
Having trouble? Have Facebook success stories to share? Tell us via the comment section below.
This instructional video series was filmed and edited by Soul Arch Media’s Gold Coast Video Production team. Call Soul Arch Media today on 07 55595551 or visit https://www.soularchmedia.com
SUBSCRIBE ON YOUTUBE
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR EMAIL LIST FOR NEWS & BUSINESS VIDEO TIPS
Facebook ► https://www.facebook.com/soul.arch.media
Twitter ► https://twitter.com/soularchmedia
Linkedin ► https://www.linkedin.com/company/soul-arch-media-&-marketing
SoulArchMedia ► https://www.soularchmedia.com
Found this post helpful? Pin it + share the love!